GRANVILLE — Trick-or-treat hours in the village of Granville will be from 5 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31. There will be no parade or activities in the park this year due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Residents should participate at their comfort level — have porch lights on if you are handing out candy. Trick-or-treating guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health is as follows:
• Anyone participating in trick-or-treating, including those passing out candy, should maintain six feet of social distance and wear proper face coverings.
• Consider leaving individually wrapped candy (spaced apart) on a table in driveways or in front of walkways, sidewalks or any outdoor space where six feet of distance can be maintained.
• A Halloween costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask. Ensure that breathing is not impaired if a cloth mask is worn under a costume mask. If so, discard the costume mask.
• Trick-or-treat in groups with household members only.
• Candy collected during trick-or-treating should not be eaten until after washing your hands.