As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for newsletter
On Tuesday, Bureau, Putnam, Marshall County Health Departments reported 10 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours.
Eight new cases are recovering at home in Bureau County:
• One female in her 20’s.
• Two males in their 20’s.
• Two males in their 30’s.
• One female in her 50’s.
• One male in his 60’s.
• One male in his 70’s.
Two new cases are recovering at home in Marshall County:
• One female in her 20’s.
• One female in her 40’s.
There have been 649 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the counties served by the Bureau, Putnam and Marshall County Health Departments. Bureau County has had 537 confirmed cases; Marshall County has had 76 confirmed cases; and Putnam County has had 36 confirmed cases. The first case was reported in Marshall County on March 23.
Bureau County remains in the warning level for COVID-19 for the fifth consecutive week.
In addition to daily testing available at Perry Memorial Hospital and St. Margaret’s Hospital, BPMCHD will offer drive-thru testing at the Bureau County Health Department during the morning hours on Wednesday, Sept 16. Call 815-872-5091 on Tuesday for an appointment.
Drive-thru testing will be offered in Marshall County at the Varna Fire Station at 50 Chestnut St., Varna, on Saturday, Sept. 19, from 9 a.m. to noon by appointment. Call 815-872-5091 to make an appointment.
Breakdown by ZIP code
ZIP codes with six or more cases in Bureau County are:
• Princeton, 137 confirmed cases out of 2,809 tests.
• Spring Valley, 122 cases out of 1,601 tests.
• DePue, 103 cases out of 341 tests.
• Buda, eight cases out of 150 tests.
• Ladd, 15 cases out of 197 tests.
• LaMoille, 23 cases out of 230 tests.
• Tiskilwa, 10 cases out of 208 tests.
• Sheffield, nine cases out of 255 tests.
• Walnut, 11 cases out of 369 tests.
• Neponset, eight cases out of 129 tests.
• Wyanet, 15 cases out of 202 tests.
• Arlington, eight cases out of 71 tests.
• Ohio, six cases out of 134 tests.
• Bureau Junction, 10 cases out of 72 tests.
In Marshall County:
• Henry, 32 cases out of 675 tests.
• Sparland, nine cases out of 374 tests.
In Putnam County:
• Granville, 20 cases out of 277 tests.
In total, 7,347 Bureau County residents, 982 Putnam County residents and 2,994 Marshall County residents have been tested for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic.
This information was last updated on Tuesday. The number of cases and tests change on a daily basis.
Individuals who have questions or concerns about COVID-19 can contact the Illinois Department of Public Health Hotline at 800-889-3931.