The Putnam County Library District has announced programs for August.
• Thursday, Aug. 27 — Local Author Ron Bluemer will discussing the 1950s in the Illinois Valley at 6:30 p.m. Participants can learn about the headline stories affecting Illinois Valley during the 1950s including illicit gambling, nuclear testing, Korean War, murders and much more. This will be on Facebook Live.
• Saturday. Aug. 1 — A “Grab N’ Go” pick up and take home craft, popsicle stick pencils and paper plate felt apples, will be available at 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 4 — John Lynn will present “Dead People of Illinois” at 5 p.m. He will share tales of where famous people of the state are buried and where the creepiest tombstones lie.
• Every Tuesday — A story time will be at 11 a.m. for children ages 2 to 5. They will meet in Hopkins Park in Granville. Please note that the restrooms are not available at this time. Participants should bring a blanket or chair. Social distancing protocol will be followed. In case of rain, participants will gather in the shelter.
• Wednesday, Aug. 5 — Story time in Peggy’s Corner will be at 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 19 — A family movie night featuring “Shrek” will be at 5:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 26 — A craft day event will be at 4 p.m. Participants will make fart goo.
• Saturday, Aug. 1. — A story time with craft will be at 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 4 — A family movie night featuring “Rio 2” will be at 6 p.m. Tacos in a bag will be served.
• Saturday, Aug. 8 — Kids can play the Wii at the library starting at 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 11 — A hands-on activity, where participants can build a catapult, will be at 5 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 14 — A book sale will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. during Magnolia Days.
• Saturday, Aug. 15 — A book sale and chalk art event will be from 9 a.m. to noon during Magnolia Days.