Hegeler Carus Mansion will resume tours on Wednesday, July 1.
The 57-room, 144-year-old National Historic Landmark in La Salle will reopen its doors to paid tours. The Victorian mansion will follow safety protocols, including:
• Masks worn by all staff, volunteers and visitors
• Infrared, non-touch temperature checks upon entry
• General health questions
• Hand sanitizer available throughout the mansion
• Six-foot distancing whenever possible
• Tour group size limited to six people
• Regular cleaning and sanitizing
Tours last about an hour and cost $15 for adults and $5 for students. Visitors must preregister and prepay at hegelercarus.org/2020-summer-tours.