OGLESBY — Seats remain open in Illinois Valley Community College’s expanding agriculture program including fall courses in soil science, ag business and sales, credit and finance, crop science and production, pest management and ag mechanics.
Agricultural Credit and Finance (AGR 1207) will meet 6 to 8:45 p.m. Tuesdays beginning Aug. 21 and Introduction to Agriculture Mechanics (AGR 1002) meets 9 to 10:40 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday beginning Aug. 16.
Other fall offerings include:
• Introductory Soil Science (AGR 1005), 1 to 2:15 p.m. Mondays and 1 to 4:10 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Aug. 15.
• Introduction to Agriculture Business Management (AGR 1200), 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning Aug. 16.
• Introduction to Agriculture Industry (AGR 1202), 12:30 to 2:10 p.m. Thursdays beginning Aug. 16.
• Advanced Agriculture Business Management (AGR 1208), 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning Aug. 16.
• Crop Production and Management (AGR 1209), 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning Aug. 16.
• Introduction to Field Crop Science (AGR 1000), 10 to 10:50 a.m. Monday and Wednesday and 10 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. Fridays beginning Aug. 15.
• Agriculture Sales (AGR 1212), 8 to 9:40 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning Aug. 16.
• Crop Pest Management (AGR 1218), 8 to 9:40 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays starting Oct. 10.
Prospective students may register for classes by calling IVCC’s Records and Registration department at 815-224-0447.
Ag instructor and program coordinator Willard Mott said IVCC’s strong curriculum and internship program with local agri-businesses will lead to numerous future employment opportunities or transfer to university agriculture programs.
For information, email Mott at Willard_mott@ivcc.edu or Dean of Natural Sciences and Business Ron Groleau at Ron_groleau@ivcc.edu.