PERU — Six Illinois Valley Community Hospital doctors headline the list of performers who will sing, dance and make you laugh at the IVCH Foundation Community Variety Show on Saturday, March 10, in Matthiessen Auditorium at LaSalle-Peru High School.
A fundraiser for the Foundation’s MRI fund, the show will start at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 each and will go on sale at the door at 6 p.m. Advance tickets are on sale in the IVCH gift shop, at Uniforms Etc. in LaSalle and online at ivch.org.
IVCH physicians performing in the show include Mark Fernandez, M.D.; Ricardo Calderon, MD; Paul Bonucci, MD; Kelly DeBoer, MD; and Kemoria Granberry, MD; and David O’Donnell, DO.
Doctors Fernandez, Calderon and Bonucci, who appeared in the hospital’s last variety show in 2011, this year will be joined in a comedy skit by DeBoer, who is president of the IVCH medical staff.
Dr. Granberry, an obstetrician/gynecologist with the Women’s Health Care Center at IVCH, is a Beyonce’ fan and will be singing one of the songs made popular by her. Granberry took first place in the “Red, White, Blue & You Talent Competition” in Streator last July as part of that town’s Independence Day celebration.
Dr. O’Donnell will deliver a stand-up comedy routine.
Opening and closing musical acts — “Getting to Know You” and “Get on your Feet” — will be performed by the IVCH Players, a group of a dozen hospital employees and their families and friends who have been practicing since early January under the direction of Renee Rebholz.
The audience will also see and hear talent from throughout the Illinois Valley, including:
• Two routines performed by students from the Dance Center in LaSalle.
• Marseilles resident Jerry Peterson singing “Candy Man” while accompanying himself on a keyboard while dancers perform in the background.
• Emily Brodzik of Peru singing “Landslide” accompanied by Alex Dittmer on the guitar.
• A dance number performed by Peru’s London Cabrera and Trudell Byrd.
• A piano piece, “My Heart will Go On,” performed by Utica’s Laura Thurow.
• T. J. Martin of Peru and Michael Moutray of Varna performing “Pink Houses”.
• Danielle Bourell of Streator and Stephanie Simpson of Spring Valley.
• Jack Feliksiak of Peru singing “O What a Beautiful Morning”.
• Songs sung by Steve Chamberlain of LaSalle, Katelyn Pullam of Cherry, Katrina Walters of Spring Valley and Megan Cullinan of Peru.
Local radio personality John Spencer and Bev Sons, a member of the IVCH Foundation board of directors, will be the masters of ceremony for the show, which is being directed by Dawn Moutray, head of the hospital’s social service department.